August 15, 2011

Franzbrötchen


...there is no way to translate this into english. :)

A Franzbrötchen is a small, sweet pastry, baked with butter and cinnamon. It's commonly found in northern Germany, especially in Hamburg.

I had to fold and roll the dough several times in succession and coated it with butter. After the dough is prepared and finally putstreched to a thin layer, I mostened it with lime juice and spinkled it with a melange of brown suggar an cinnamon.



I rolled it up, cut in into slices (each about 1.5 inches - 4 centimeters thick).



In the end I pressed a handle of a wooden spoon in the middle, so the filling oozed out sideways.



A good friend of mine told me that she only will visite me, when I can bake this pastry. So... this is the second time I made them and I think she can book her flight now.


Thanks for being interested in my blog - the kitchen fairy.

No comments:

Post a Comment